Rainy weather and high humidity often go hand in hand. High humidity affects chicken foot pads by making them more susceptible to inflammation and foot pad dermatitis. This condition can negatively impact the meat chicken production industry as it leads to decreased mobility and feeding ability in chickens, affecting their weight gain and overall health. Therefore, it’s important for poultry producers to manage humidity levels and take measures to prevent foot pad issues in order to maintain optimal production outcomes.Foot pad dermatitis (FPD) It refers to the disease marks on the chicken’s foot pads, especially where they come into contact with the floor. In the initial stages, small red spots may appear, which can spread throughout the foot pad and develop into pit wounds. This results in chickens being less able to walk, reduced water and food intake, and consequently, not reaching the target weight. As a result, the selling price decreases in line with the weight and quality of the legs lost.
Causes of foot pad dermatitis1. Managing Floor Materials: Floor materials that are not of good quality, wet, and soiled are the main cause of footpad dermatitis. Therefore, to prevent footpad damage, it is important to consistently manage the quality of the floor materials.
- Clean, dry, dust-free, and absorbent
- Appropriate quantity sufficient for the area of rearing and bird density
- Adjust water lines and pressure to be suitable for the height and number of birds
- Uniform distribution of light throughout the house
- Proper ventilation to remove excess moisture from the house
- Minerals: Maintain balanced levels of sodium and chloride to prevent excessive water intake resulting in watery feces.
- Ensure high-quality protein sources.
- Avoid ingredients with high fiber content.
- Include coccidiostats in the feed program.
- Natural product
- Moisture absorbing, helps reduce humidity in the house
- Prevents wet litter affecting the quality of chicken foot pads
- Helps absorb ammonia gas rapidly
- Reduces unpleasant odors on the farm
- Reduces the quantity of bacteria causing skin diseases both on the skin and in the house
- Supplement containing lactobacillus acidophilus
- Maintains balance in the digestive system
- Enhances gut health
- Prevents and reduces pathogenic bacteria while promoting beneficial bacteria in the intestines
- Boosts immunity, promoting overall animal health
- Used as an alternative to antibiotics
- Reduces diarrhea